Every night at sundown I get swarmed by a ridiculous amount of mosquitos. They are everywhere but somehow, only I seem to be suffering from the interminable itchiness that these mosquitoes have introduces to my body. It could be that the locals are used to it, however, as my host father suggested, it could be because mosquitoes just prefer ¨carne blanco¨ or white meat. Whatever it is, they are sure getting a treat.
I know that the level of itchiness and the craziness of the situation has gotten to the next level because..
– I dont want to itch my mosquito bites because not only will the get inflamed and last longer but in the short term it just makes them itchier.
– a good alternative to itching is slapping my mosquito bites. I would do it more often except I think that my host family already thinks I am crazy, so hearing slaping noises from the room won´t really help that perception.
– I fantasize about removing my mosquito bites with a scalpel. Sometimes however, I would prefer to just chop off my feet entirely.
– Another alternative to itching is letting the strong waves crash on my feet and indulging myself by digging my feet in the sand. So good…
– My mosquito repellent (the stuff with extra deit) doesn´t work on mosquitos. However, luckily for me it smells so bad it does a pretty good job at repelling people. Unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem with my stop itch product that I bought.
– I use one hand to eat dinner and the other hand to swat away mosquitoes. It is good practice at multi tasking.
– Despite 30 degree plus weather with crazy humidity, I walk around at night with jeans, long sleeve shirt, and most beautiful of all .. socks and flip flops. I look like a total crazy person to the locals.
– I am woken up at night with overwhelmingly strong urges to itch my feet.